May 29, 2009

Thrills!

We have been dealing with the stupidest vacuum I've ever seen for not quite 4 years now. It was a cheapy. I think it was less than $65.00 when we bought it. We needed something fast when our first vacuum bit the dust because we were moving. (You can't clean a house so you can get your deposit back without a vacuum.) I have regretted it ever since. The filter, which needed to be replaced every month, cost $12.00. (Keyword: needed!) I was too cheap to replace it that often, of course, so I would remove the dirty filter and bang it on the sidewalk. All the nasty who-knows-what would get all over me. I would sneeze and get filthy. I HATED IT!! The stupid thing could barely suck anything up. I found myself not wanting to vacuum. I would go a week (truthfully....longer) without vacuuming. (Yuck at my house!) I think I grossed Jake out because he finally decided he would vacuum. Funny thing was the filter was all full and the canister needed emptied and it wouldn't suck up a dust mite to save it's life, so Jake got to do the honors. You all know that Jake does NOT like to deal with yucky stuff. (touching raw meat, wiping kid boogers, dumping out rotten milk from bottles, cleaning up puke, washing toilet bowls, etc..) He does 'cause he's a good guy, but he isn't happy about it. Anyways, after he got the pleasure of doing what really should be the daily matainance on the vacuum, he was fed up. Fed up I tell you. He came in and told me how it was going to be. "WE ARE BUYING A NEW VACUUM!" So we did.

YEAH!!! I got an Oreck. I love it. It SUCKS really well. There are no filters for me to change and I don't even have to empty a canister. I just pull out the bag that self-seals and throw it away. Yes. Needless to say, I vacuum now just about everyday. What a thrill!



We are always busy. I live one day at a time. I tell myself everyday, "If I can just get through today, I can deal with tomorrow." Don't get me wrong, I like to be busy and anxiously engaged in all the causes. Problem is I feel like I'm always running and never getting caught up. So.....when a day comes my way and I don't have too many responsibilites and Jake takes the kids to school for me, I rebel. That is today.
I am still in my pjs. And I haven't gotten off the computer. This is what I have been doing.

I don't have a lot of time to sit and fiddle with Photoshop Elements so I get a real thrill when I get the time to finish a page or learn how to do something new with it. I am addicted, again.




Can you see what I did to this photo to make it look like this? (The blurring and the fading.)
Maybe not but I can and I'm getting a great big thrill out of it.

8 comments:

Jack and Annette Sommer said...

The photos look beautiful! Great job, you can do anything. Beautiful people in photos made even better with the beautiful page view. You are amazing. I love you.

Dava_Hudson said...

Yay for new vacuum cleaners. ive had it up to here (visualize hand) with my stupid vacuum cleaner!! im just cheap and hate to think about buying a new one.

probst said...

Glad you finally got the vacuum you wanted. The other one has been a burr for quite some time. The pictures look great. Good work.

Yvonne Dixon said...

Yay for new vacuums! I got a Rainbo several years ago that I LOVE! Makes all the difference in the world.

Love what you did to the picture. Wow! Pretty!

Nyssa said...

That's how I remember your kids :)

Amy said...

I remember when I started getting excited over things to help me clean better! Investing in a good vacuum is one of them! YEAH! No dog house for Jake! (did I ever share that video with you?)

Grandma J said...

You are for sure going to love the Oreck! Best vacuum ever and it's so light. Nothing like having hubby try to use something that doesn't work right. It gets fixed (or replaced) pretty fast then. You are so talented. Love your pictures.

The Cecil Clan said...

The scrapbooking looks amazing, as usual, but it makes me miss the good old days! And I love the vacuum - very exciting! The crazy things we get excited about!