July 19, 2009

Tidbits

Okay. Okay. I readily admit that I have always had a messy room. And when I say always, I mean my whole life. (Ask my Mom for proof of my childhood room. She knows all too well.) There have been times when I've come home to find my dresser tipped over because I pulled every drawer out as far as it would go and left them there. Some people think my house never gets messy. I do like a clean kitchen and livingroom but it all ends there. I am sneaky. I am really good at putting things away. I should say "stuffing" not putting. Closets, cupboards, and MY bedroom become the hideway for stuff. All the things that I just don't know what to do with go there. A bedroom can be stuffed with lots and lots of stuff.
Yesterday, being Saturday, I decided to be productive. (Something I haven't been for a while because of my leg soreness and sunburn. It is hard to move when your body is in pain.) I decided that I would clean my room. Jake attempted to do this several weeks back when I was at a Girl's Night Out but he didn't really know what to do with all of the stuff, so he mostly just stacked it all really nice. During those several weeks between then and now all the space he cleared up disappeared. It filled up with stuff. I don't know where it comes from but it came and it stayed. I got to work and slowly but surely the bedroom floor started to appear. I've decided it was a miracle. I even got my dresser cleared off. My clothes are IN the drawers not ON them. Here is proof:

That is bedroom floor there. Amazing really.
This summer I've tried to stress the importance of drinking lots of water to my kids. One child of mine has taken this to heart. He carries a giant waterbottle around and is always drinking little sips from it. Of course this means that he is always going to the bathroom too. The whole thing makes me laugh. Jake says it reminds him of my dad. I said only if there's milk instead of water.

10 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE the tidbit on the side about Cinderella and her shoes! I KNEW you'd like that! I thought of you INSTANTLY! Hope your sunburn feels better quickly! I feel your pain! Was there 3 weeks ago on my legs from the knees down. But there I could avoid clothes on it!

probst said...

Love the red shoes. Hope the carpet stays for a while. It has a habit of disappearing in our house as does the top of my desk. Hope your sunburn gets better soon.

Grandma J said...

Congratulations on obtaining some additional floor space! It feels so good to have a clean room. You kids had the messiest rooms ever when you were little, then after I got after you enough and you guys cleaned 'em up, you would play in there for hours on end (until, of course, it got messy again). As to those beautiful red shoes. . .can you walk in those or do you just look at them?

Garlick said...

I would advise Jake to watch out for those red shoes under any clothes on the floor! You always left your heals out of the closet. Congrats on a clean floor. Hard to believe you have a mess these days! One of those things we tend to hide from people.

Dallin said...

Also the milk would need to be in a pop can. :-D Great job with getting your room clean... I need to do something similar in my office... One day I will get to it.... Maybe....

Jaron said...

I think's its more like Dr. Pepper, than milk and especially water. We want to see a picture of the mess? When will you post one of those?

Yvonne Dixon said...

I'm afraid I'm just the opposite. I do a GREAT job keeping my closets and drawers neat and organized. My problem is that if I don't know where to put it, or don't have a place for it right now it just sits out somewhere, usually forever. My whole house is a wreck but look in my closets. Nice and neat!

HEIDI CHILDS said...

It's hard to believe that you have trouble with keeping things clean. It feels so good to have a clean house. I just wish I could keep it that way all the time.

Dava_Hudson said...

haha dont worry my room is a pig sty too...

Dava_Hudson said...

oh and i want those SHOES!!