January 20, 2010

New Favorite Soup

This is my new favorite soup. It is soooo easy and delicious. You've all got to try it. It is a beautiful soup too. (My picture does not do it justice.)
Hearty Chicken Soup


1 large onion chopped
1 Tbs. oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 C chicken broth
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans diced tomatoes
3 cups frozen corn
2 cans diced green chilis
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups chicken breast, cooked and cubed (sometimes I used canned)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced

Saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlick; cook 1 minute longer. Add the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes. Serve with sour cream.

4 comments:

Mom, Wife, and, Student said...

That sounds so yummy! I am gonna try it!

terra said...

thanks for tomorrows dinner menu.

The Cecil Clan said...

YUM! That looks exactly like my tortilla soup I love!! Just add some tortilla chips to the bottom of the bowl - soooo good! Thanks for sharing - I always love a Kara Sommer recipe!

Jeanette said...

I love getting new tried and true recipies! Thanks Kara!