July 3, 2011

Be of Good Cheer


In preparing for my young women lesson I re-read Pres. Monson's talk from the April 2009 General conference.  (You can read that HERE.) What a powerful message he gave.  Powerful and heart wrenching.  The scriptures teach "... that all these things shall give [us] experience, and shall be for [our] good." (D&C 122:7)  It takes faith to put our trust in God. I just pray that when I am called to face challenges and opposition I will have the necessary strength inside me to replace fear with faith.

2 comments:

JJones said...

Amen.

Jack and Annette Sommer said...

I have been thinking of this subject much as well. I also love the scripture: John 16:33. Although each child of God's tribulation is different...the same promise previals for each of us; "I have overcome the world". Finding the good in any situation is a choice. A choice of faith, thought. Not to make light of trials such as severe depression or other mental illness trials; most of us can consiously choose to be of good cheer. I am so thankful for our Savior, His example and Gospel (a message of joy).