December 1, 2010

A Confession

Yesterday I did something I'm not proud of. I did it secretly and didn't tell anyone. Until today. I couldn't take it anymore. I had too much guilt so I confessed to Jake while he was home for lunch. It is embarrassing to me but Jake thought it was hilarious.

So, I bet you are wondering what it was that I did. I will tell you..... If you promise to still love me...

I spent $1.00 on a 2 liter bottle of diet caffeine-free Pepsi. (I didn't want to spend $1.50 on the diet caffeine-free Coke. I was too cheap I guess.) AND, I came home and drank the whole thing myself. Yep. You heard right. I drank the entire 2 liters ALL BY MYSELF. In one day.

I'm officially a dork.

That is what I get for giving in after 5 months of being good. I've decided the addiction never goes away.

3 comments:

Jack and Annette Sommer said...

Keep trying, forgive yourself. Pres. Hinckley said; "Sisters; don't nag yourself with thoughts of imperfections". I agree! Pop is addicting, but you can break the cycle. Sugar is also very addicting (stimulant, indeed) I have found out as I have gone without for a long period of time.
But I am living proof...overcoming is possible and easier than you may think. Love to you always.

mom said...

On the contrary to the earier post...I say well deserved! Just don't make it a habit.

Jeanette said...

Good to get a confession off your chest, and let your Pepsi-Guilt evaporate quickly like dry ice. Of course we all still love you and we also admire your persistence in reaching for the best that is within you. You are an amazing lady!