January 9, 2012

12 Things for 2012

I'm going to set 12 goals for 2012. Twelve because it's 2012. Sounds like a good idea to me. I figure I'd better get these goals set before the year is over. If I don't, I might not get anywhere.

1. Read out of (or listen to) my scriptures every single day. No exceptions. 
***The scriptures are way too accessible to not read. There are the regular printed ones and then the digital ones; on my phone, iPod, and computer. I can read them or I can listen to them. So far, so good.

2. Finish the laundry room.
***All I gotta do is paint the doors and get the door knobs on. Shouldn't be too hard.

3. Practice the piano.
***I want to be a regular practicer. Three times a week for at least 30 minutes. That seems reasonable.

4. Play another piano solo in sacrament meeting.
***It just about killed me to do the last one and I swore I wouldn't do it ever again, but I figure if I'm going to be a piano player I must play.

5. Go to the temple at least once every 3 weeks.
***It isn't reasonable for me to say every week (even though that seems practically perfect) because every week a million things come up, but I'm pretty sure I can work it into my schedule to go approximately 17 times this year.

6. Get stronger.
***I'm a wimp. There is no muscle on my body and I'm sick of it. Here comes INSANITY.

Oh man.... I'm half way through and I can only think of these 6 things. Guess I'll have to re-number them...

2. Read out of (or listen to) my scriptures every single day. No exceptions. 
***The scriptures are way too accessible to not read. There are the regular printed ones and then the digital ones; on my phone, iPod, and computer. I can read them or I can listen to them.

4. Finish the laundry room.
***All I gotta do is paint the doors and get the door knobs on. Shouldn't be too hard.

6. Practice the piano.
***I want to be a regular practicer. Three times a week for at least 30 minutes. That seems reasonable.

8. Play another piano solo in sacrament meeting.
***It just about killed me to do the last one and I swore I wouldn't do it ever again, but I figure if I'm going to be a piano player I must play.

10. Go to the temple at least once every 3 weeks.
***It isn't reasonable for me to say every week (even though that seems practically perfect) because every week a million things come up, but I'm pretty sure I can work it into my schedule to go approximately 17 times this year.

12. Get stronger.
***I'm a wimp. There is no muscle on my body and I'm sick of it. Here comes INSANITY.

There they are! 12 new goals for myself. Good job me.


good things:

1. a clean start
2. being able to finally admit my weaknesses
3. lds tools


2 comments:

About Me said...

Great goals! Now you have to work twice as hard on them because they are on your list twice! You can do it!!!

terra said...

You can do it!